Organized in cooperation with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and Aero Montreal during the International Aerospace Week, the AERO CYBER SUMMIT 2018 will be held at the ICAO Headquarter, in Montreal, Quebec, in April 19-20, 2018.
The primary focus of the Summit is to identify issues and solutions to chart the next steps to achieve a cyber resilient air transport ecosystem.
This 2-day Master Class is open to only 250 participants, CISOs, CSOs, COOs, experts in cyber security, security and operations, information security and risk management.
Participants will be working under the Chatham House rule, with the best international experts representing the air transport ecosystem: Airport Infrastructure; Airlines & Transporters; Air Traffic Control & Management; Civil Aviation Authorities; Airline Pilots; Airworthiness, Certification & Insurers; Air Navigation Systems & Avionics; Air Navigation Safety; Communication Networks & Satellites; Identification & Controls; Other Air Transport Technologies & Aviation including Systems Aircraft & Engine Manufacturers, Subcontractors & MRO.
The 12 Master Classes will be providing crucial networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities, through presentations and discussions driven by experts from international and regional civil aviation authorities, standards-making organizations, critical infrastructures and networks, and leading industry stakeholders around: Cyber Risk Assessment; Information Sharing and Collaboration; Data Integrity; Supply Chain and Third Party Cyber Risks; Preparing to Cyber Incidents; Cyber Incidents, Responses and Disruptions; Cyber Crisis; Industry Standards for Cyber Security; Cyber Governance; Resource & Budget Prioritization; Cyber Resilience; Cyber Security by Design.
4 Keynote Speakers will provide the prospective visions to participants:
- Mr. Sylvain LEFOYER, Deputy Director of Aviation Security and Facilitation, ICAO
- Dr. Paul THERON, Co-director of the “Aerospace Cyber Resilience” Research Chair, Thales
- Dr. Yoshua BENGIO, Head of the Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms (MILA), Element AI
- Mr. Farid ZIZI, Senior Adviser, DGAC & Former President of the Air Navigation Commission, ICAO
Through a creative environment and co-working tools, the participants will experience vibrant exchanges around scenarios of cyber-attacks and responses, examples of performance-based implementation strategies, and shared return of experiences into the civil air transport ecosystem.
A dynamic program of Digital Working Groups, networking events and one-to-one meetings will complement the Master Classes, allowing participants to build their personalized program of enriched content of ideas to implement.
The abstract of the Summit will be submitted to the ICAO Office in charge of cyber security affairs.
The Summit 2018 is supported by the following Program Advisory Board:
- Mr. Farid ZIZI, Senior Adviser at DGAC/STAC, Former President of the Air Navigation Commission ICAO
- Mrs. Helene SEGUINOTTE, Former President & CEO at Morpho (IDEMIA) Canada and General Delegate Safran in Canada
- Dr. Paul THERON, Corporate & cyber resilience specialist at Thales, Co-director of the “Aerospace Cyber Resilience” research chair
- Mrs. Manon GAUDET, CISSP, GCED, Industrial Technologies Advisor, Security and Information Technologies at National Research Council Canada (NRC), Founder of the In-Sec-M, Security Research and Innovation - Canadian Cyber Security cluster
- Dr. José FERNANDEZ, Associate Professor at Polytechnique Montreal, Advising Fellow – Security at Element AI
- Mr. Patrick MANA, Cyber-security Project Manager at Eurocontrol
- Mrs. Suzanne M. BENOIT, President of Aero Montreal
- Captain Mike Jackson, ICAO’s representative for the International Federation of Air Line Pilots' Associations (IFALPA - the Global Voice of Pilots)