Lockheed Martin announced a refocusing of their Training and Logistics Systems (TLS) business at the ongoing Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida (28 November to 02 December 2016).
Lockheed Martin is leveraging core components of the most advanced and proven solutions across its training and logistics portfolio to drive scalable capabilities to the market.
By deriving solutions from a core repository of highly complex technical data that sets a baseline for training and logistics products, Lockheed Martin will increase efficiency and save millions of dollars in engineering, development and proposal costs, which will allow the company to provide more predictable performance for customers while becoming more cost-competitive.
“We are restructuring our approach to better leverage internal resources to bring greater innovation and affordability to the market,” said Dave Scott, Vice President of Business Development for Lockheed Martin Training and Logistics Solutions.
“We continuously analyze our operations to ensure we are positioned to deliver the most reliable, sustainable and affordable solutions to our customers,” he added.
Lockheed Martin’s existing training and logistics products will now fall within five areas:
- SciosView™ - Integrated suite of proven logistics products providing full mission data support for air, land, and sea platforms.
- SciosTrain™ - Platform-based virtual training systems that employ advanced technologies to accelerate operational proficiency.
- SciosTest™ - A comprehensive set of world class test and support solutions to ensure mission success and warfighter safety.
- SciosLive™ - Live, virtual and constructive training environments using augmented/virtually reality to deliver state-of-the-art training.
- SciosReady™ - Turn-key solutions for performance-based training programs that meet evolving demands for customers around the globe and provide the shortest path to learning.
The term “Scios” is derived from the Latin word, scio, meaning knowledge, and represents Lockheed Martin’s smart, technologically-driven approach to delivering the most advanced training and logistics solutions.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 98,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.