Eurosam is promoting its new SAMP/T NG system in Dubai Air Show (14 to 18th November).
SAMP/T NG is the new generation of SAMP/T system that is today in service. SAMP/T NG will be delivered from 2025.
SAMP/T NG is designed to protect armed forces and sensitive civil or military sites but also to become a strategic system.
It is a game changer with its ability to guarantee air sovereignty, to counter all types of threats simultaneously including supersonic and ballistic missiles and to allow implementation of new operational concepts as advanced A2/AD (Anti-Access / Area Denial).
The SAMP/T NG is able to:
- Provide a 360-degree protection
- Detect further than 350 km and intercept beyond 150 km air-breathing targets
- Detect and intercept maneuvering ballistic missile of range beyond 600 km
- Deploy quickly with a limited number of personnel, integrate easily in an air-defense network and being employed intensively with limited support
SAMP/T NG battery has four main components:
- Up to 48 Aster missiles ready to fire
- One multi-function radar (GF300 or KGM HP)
- One engagement module (battery C2)
- Up to 6 launchers capable of carrying 8 missiles each
COMMAND & CONTROL CENTER AT BATTERY LEVEL
A new command and control module based on upgraded open command and control software architecture and enhanced connectivity.
A team up to 4 persons manages the sensors and networks in order to benefit from the latest technologies for engagement decision and weapon assignment to:
- Elaborate an integrated air and space tactical picture
- Counter emerging and future threats as diverse as maneuvering ballistic missiles, supersonic missiles, UAVs and highly maneuvering aircraft, in a saturation attack scenario
The system is designed to operate in a dense civilian air environment, in cooperation with friendly military aircraft and fully integrated into the national air defense network and fully interoperable with NATO / Coalition systems. The system is also fully compliant with the latest regulations in term of Information security and access control management.
Eurosam was established in June 1989 as a joint venture of MBDA and Thales, European leaders in missiles, systems and radars, endowing it with major expertise in terms of solutions for air defense.
Eurosam is the industrial prime contractor and system design authority for the development, production, marketing, sales and in service support of a range of medium and long range naval and ground-launched air-defense missile systems also known as Future Surface-to-Air Family of ASTER missile systems. These systems were developed under contract from the French and Italian Governments, who in the late 1980s had come to similar conclusions as to their air-defense operational requirements. This cooperation, enlarged to the UK in 1996, has experienced export successes, both in naval and land configurations.