On October 11-12, the 5th Middle East Missile and Air Defense Conference (MEMAD 2016) will take place at the Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR) in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Since its inception in 2008 under the patronage of HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces and Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, MEMAD has been the premier regional conference on integrated air and missile defense.
The confirmed participation as speakers for MEMAD 2016 include: H.E. Frank Rose, Assistant Undersecretary of Defense, United States, Major General Abdullah Yaqoob AlFoudry, Commander, Kuwait Air Force, Vice Admiral James Syring, Director, Missile Defense Agency, United States, Dr. Jamal Sanad Al Suwaidi, Director General, Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR), Brigadier General Christopher L. Spillman, Commander, 32nd AAMDC, United States Army, Lieutenant Colonel Stein Maute, Chief of the Air Defense Battalion, Norwegian Army, and Brigadier General (Ret.) Kenn Todorov, Former Deputy Director, Missile Defense Agency, United States.
MEMAD 2016 is jointly organized by SEGMA and the ECSSR and will gather approximately 400 select participants for a series of briefings by international experts, interactive panel discussions, and a series of networking opportunities
The theme for MEMAD 2016 is “Force Generation and Harnessing an Adaptive Approach for Regional IAMD” and the two-day conference will address latest developments in IAMD at the design, integration, planning and operational levels, as well as explore key elements of theatre-based AMD at inner- and mid-tier defense, and layering sensor and shooter networks.
MEMAD 2016 Key Session Themes include:
- Active Command/Control for Distributed Lower Tier Ballistic Missile Defense
- Regional Air and Missile Threat Dynamics for Deployed GCC Ground Forces
- Emerging Frontline Requirements for C-RAM Capabilities
- Point/Local Area AMD in Operational Theatres
Layered Air and Missile Defense
- Positioning Naval Assets into an Evolving AMD Architecture
- Potential for Space-Based Contributions to IAMD in the GCC
- Layering Sensors/Shooters for IAMD – Key Considerations for the Arab Gulf
IAMD at the Design Level
- Harnessing a Developmental Roadmap for IAMD built on Legacy Systems
- International Contributions to the Regional AMD Architecture
- Key Imperatives and Objectives for a Unified Mission Command in IAMD
IAMD at the Integration Level
- IAMDC, Abu Dhabi – Falcon Shield 2016, Updates, and Future Milestones
- Detection Challenges against the Air-Based Threats for Air Defenders
- Inherent Characteristics of C4ISR Architectures for AMD
- Calibrating Multi-Sensor Networks for Threat Early Warning
Challenges with Multi-Source Information Fusion in AMD
- Standardization Imperatives and Priorities for AMD Operators and Operations
- Measuring Interoperability in IAMD
End-to-End Missile Defense Simulation