For more than a decade the country's defense industry has played a leading role in pioneering survivability technology for armored vehicles, through research into new armor materials, developing MRAP programs and remaining at the forefront of V-shaped hull expertise.
Led by Major General M. R. Notshweleka of the South African National Defense Force, the conference speaker faculty will be exploring new trends in regional and international armor vehicle technology, as well as looking at the critical themes of survivability, turret accuracy and through life support. The expert speaker faculty also includes:
- Brigadier General Chris Gildenhuys, Chief of the South African Armor Formation, South African Army
- Brigadier General Paul Operha, Chief of the Gabonese Army, Gabonese Armed Forces
- Major General Sunday Idoko, Commander, Armored Division, Nigerian Army
- Dr. Grace Bochenek, Director of TARDEC, US Army
- Lieutenant General Antonio Gucciardino, General Manager of the Procurement Agency for Land Systems, Italian Army
Armored Vehicles South Africa is the first regional event of its kind and will enable delegates to enhance their understanding of the country's defense sector and its role in the armored vehicles market today.
Attendees will also benefit from hearing operational feedback on current armoured vehicle programs as well as insight into South Africa's upcoming armored vehicle procurement decisions.