Launched in 1993 by Al-Iktissad Wal-Aamal, the leading Pan Arab Business magazine, and the Monch Publishing Group, Al Defaiya stands at the forefront of the Defense and Aerospace scenes in the Arab world. Al Defaiya's uniqueness stems from several factors, including:
- Local know how coupled with renowned international expertise and an unparalleled network of field offices spread through out the world.
- Second to none editorial offering the widest range of locally tailored surveys, backed by regular interviews with Arab Defence Ministers, Local, Regional and International Experts.
- Full independence that has earned it the esteem of the highest officials in 20 Arab countries..
- Close contact with local Offset Bureaus, Offset Companies, Regional Delegates, Arab Military Attach’s in Europe, U.S.A., Russia and CIS, as well as other prominent players.
- Wide scope of circulation reaching top decision makers in the political, military, industrial, financial, and intellectual arenas.
- Unique source of market research and data, including the one and only ARABIC WORLD Defence ALMANAC.
- Active participation in all regional and most international Defence/Aerospace Exhibitions.
- On 15 June 2009, Al Defaiya launched a new unparalleled on-line service, www.defaiya.com, fully dedicated to Defence, Aerospace, Aviation, and Security in the Middle East andworldwide.
- Towards best serving its readers and advertisers, Al Defaiya magazine is available on ipad (since November 2012).