At Africa Aerospace and Defence exhibition 2012, Thales will demonstrate its capabilities in the field of:
- Advanced Air Defence: Thales expertise covers all radar applications and has the most extensive range of radar products on the market. ThalesRaytheonSystems, the joint venture between Raytheon and Thales, is the world leader in tactical radars for the battlefield, with more than 600 systems in service worldwide. In Air Defence radars, the success of the Ground Master product family is driving a steady increase in market share. Ground Master 200 and 400 will be presented at AAD. As a world leading supplier of integrated weapon systems, with more than 450 mobile integrated weapon systems delivered to customers worldwide, Thales will showcase its missile and mortar solutions.
- Surveillance UAV’s: In order to respond to the increasing need of protection and surveillance, from emergency needs to Forward Operating Bases, robotics bring a real capacity advantage: reducing the human risks, improving the performance throughout the mission, and reducing the need for staff. During AAD, Thales will present its fully autonomous cost effective surveillance UAV, the Spy Arrow.
- Optronics: Thales is a pioneer in the field of optronics, with tens of thousands of products in service in more than 60 countries. Working with its partners and end users, Thales draws on its portfolio of advanced optronic technologies to develop imaging and image processing solutions that are tailored to the exact operational requirements of each customer. On the stand, Thales will exhibit thermal imagers, a reconnaissance pod and its networked image exploitation system as well as a complete forward air controller capability.
- C4I: C4ISR solutions (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) are designed to deliver information superiority during network-centric operations. The current digitalisation of the battlespace (integrating sea, air, land, space and information dimensions) is a powerful enabler of C4ISR. It offers decision-makers at all levels shared situational awareness, voice, data and imagery connectivity, interoperability and synchronisation of man oeuvres and effects.
- Naval Systems: Thales is at the forefront of developing new naval solutions to meet evolving operational and security challenges. The Group has been a long-term partner for more than 50 Navies worldwide, providing customers with innovative offerings, from system design to through-life support. During AAD, Thales will illustrate some of its knowhow in its naval combat console offer.
- Air Traffic Control: Thales is committed to reducing the environmental impact of air transport and enhancing the efficiency of Air Traffic Management systems. The Group is the world leader in air traffic management. Its Air Traffic Control centres cover 40% of the world's surface and two out of every three flights take off and land using Thales systems. Thales will showcase its latest family of Air Traffic Management systems called TopSky.