Partner of Malaysia since 1993, France is presenting a broad offer in terms of naval and aeronautic defense technology at this year’s Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA 2017) taking place on 21-25 March 2017.
The exhibition is supported by the Minister of Defense of Malaysia.
The French Pavilion is organized under the aegis of the GICAN with the support of the DGA and the GIFAS.
In the South-East Asia zone, this year LIMA is expecting French industrialists including ALSEAMAR, CNIM, DCI, DCNS, DIGINEXT, ECA, KERSHIP, LACROIX, OCEA, SECAMIC, SILLINGER, SOFRESUD, NCSIMUL, ZODIAC AEROSPACE at the French pavilion. AIRBUS, DASSAULT, MBDA, SAFRAN and THALES are also present with individual stands.
Malaysia has acquired two Scorpene-class submarines, commissioned in 2009. As part of the second generation patrol vessels - littoral combat ships (SGPV-LCS) program, six Gowind corvettes will be produced locally with transfer of technologies.
Malaysia is also the first export client for the A400M.
The GICAN is a professional organization bringing together French industrialists from the shipbuilding and maritime sector. It unites major contractors, system and equipment providers, as well as SMEs and MMCs that contribute to the design, construction, maintenance and implementation of military vessels, medium and large tonnage trade vessels and specialized vessels. The GICAN also plays an important role supporting maritime industries involved in Marine Renewable Energies.
The GICAN brings together skills, helps with promoting and positioning them in France and abroad, playing an active role in the recognition of the high technologic character of this industry.
The GICAN organizes the following events:
- FAST 2017, the conference on fast sea transportation
- EURONAVAL, the world event for naval defence
- EUROMARITIME, the European maritime economy exhibition
• More than 170 member companies
• A turnover of approximately 8.5 billion euros accumulated for the French industry
• 42,000 jobs
Countries where the French naval industry has been exporting to since 2009:
• Europe: Italy, Germany, UK, Belgium, Norway, Denmark
• Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Gabon, Morocco, Mozambique, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Angola
• Asia - Middle-East: India, Malaysia, Saudi-Arabia, Indonesia, Kuwait, Philippines, Singapore, UAE
• Americas: USA, Brazil, Suriname, Chile
In addition to ships and other vessels (MRE for example) for Overseas French territories and the large French EEZ: TAAF, French Guiana, Reunion, Martinique.