Patria AMV28A armored wheeled vehicle completed successfully the swimming tests organized in the end of May in Finland. With a total weight of 28 tonnes the vehicle swam without difficulties, as expected.
Patria AMV28A, where 28A stands for 28 tonnes GVW amphibious (sea-stage 3) vehicle, is the latest member of Patria AMV product family, introduced at IDEX 2017 event earlier this year.
In the swimming tests, two different Patria AMV28A vehicles were tested - one in test configuration with full amphibious weight of 28 tonnes and the other one equipped with Kongsberg PROTECTOR MCT-30 turret with some payload capacity available. Both vehicles had no difficulties completing the various amphibious tests at the Hanko area in southern Finland during rather strong wind conditions, constant wind speed being 10-13 m/s, in gusts more than 17 m/s.
Features of Patria AMV28A include:
- Bolt-on marine environment amphibious kit to 28 ton GVW, sea-stage 3
- Automatized amphibious mode, protected and continuous fighting capacity
- Modular amphibious kit, easy to detach and rearm when needed.
- Full operational capacity on land. Max. width 2.85 meters without amphibious kit
- Extended hull for larger size IFV turrets and crew of 8 dismounting soldiers
- Protectable for against modern threat levels
- Marine environment protective coating
- Superior firepower also on an amphibious operation
- Desert powerpack
- Desert AC
Patria is the market leader in the product segment of modern armored wheeled 8x8 vehicles with deliveries to seven different customer nations. The armored wheeled vehicles developed by Patria represent the latest technology in the industry. Patria’s expertise is based on decades of experience and major investment in product development. Patria works in close cooperation with its customers and its extensive network of international industrial partners. All the products and services are NATO-compatible and are customized on an individual, customer-by-customer basis.
Patria is a trusted provider of defense, security and aviation life-cycle support services and technology solutions. Patria operates internationally and the company has operations and projects in countries such as Finland, Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Poland, Croatia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and South Africa.