The Harris AcuityH264 is a compact encoder that very efficiently packages and transmits data and full-motion video for high-definition/standard-definition (HD/SD) applications. By compressing full-motion video and attaching mission data - such as telemetry and time of acquisition - the encoder significantly increases the intelligence value of the imagery. Based on ISO 14496-10 standards, the AcuityH264 is designed for use in military, aerospace, and unmanned vehicle markets.
"JITC certification is a definite competitive discriminator because it assures our customers that the Acuity264H is interoperable," said Sheldon Fox, group president, Harris Government Communications Systems. "The enriched content delivered by the AcuityH264 simplifies and adds value to the analysis and decision-making process and, ultimately, leads to increased warfighter effectiveness."
Harris successfully evolved the advanced video encoding technology developed in its commercial broadcast business to provide the Acuity264H with high-definition video encoding that meets Motion Industry Standards Board (MISB) requirements for airborne use. Other key features include:
- Compression of high-definition HD-SDI video into H.264/AVC-compliant video with data rates from 384 Kb/s to 25 Mb/s
- KLV metadata synchronized to frame accuracy according to MISB Standard 0604
- Encapsulation of video and metadata into MPEG-2 transport stream, a standard format for transmission and storage of audio, video, and data
- Cropping/scaling to meet channel data link constraints per MISB EG 0904
- Selectable compression rates for high- and standard-definition video
- Metadata inputs for HD-SDI VANC and Ethernet
- Ruggedized for military applications