SMi’s 20th annual Global MilSatCom conference, taking place on the 6th to 8th November 2018 in London, UK, promises to provide delegates with the opportunity to hear from all branches of the new British military satellite communications capability.
As SKYNET 6 begins to come into place, Global MilSatCom http://www.globalmilsatcom.com is set to provide key updates from an unrivalled gathering of military, government and industry experts equipped to discuss procurement, the future of UK SATCOM, the science and technology perspectives, maintaining satellite integrity, industry growth, and much more.
Featured highlights include:
- A strategic overview of procurement and vision for the future of UK SATCOM from the UK Minister for Defence Procurement: Mr. Guto Bebb MP, Minister for Defence Procurement, British Government (subject to final confirmation)
- How end users exploit satellite systems within cross domain operations, from Joint Forces Command, Captain David Moody, SATCOM & Strategic Networks, UK MoD
- Science and technology perspectives on future space research and development from Dr Michael O’Callaghan, Space Programme Manager, Dstl
- How to maintain robust and resilient communications in degraded environments from Mr Nick Ayling, Cyber and Space Policy, UK MoD
- Developing UK launch capability vision for industry growth from Mr Mike Rudd, Head of Telecommunications Strategy, UK Space Agency
The three-day conference will provide delegates with the exclusive opportunity to network and meet with these expert speakers, along with a delegation of SKYNET 6 team members, who have confirmed their attendance at this year's event.
In addition, a brand-new focus day taking place on November 5th; ‘Small Satellites and Disruptive Space Technology Focus Day’, will include presentations from new innovative companies, such as Surrey Satellite Technology (SST), the industry lead on Carbonite-2, a new demonstrator satellite, now in orbit and offering sovereign, full-motion colour video from space for the RAF for the first time.
Confirmed Sponsors to-date include: Lead Sponsor: SES Networks; Gold Sponsor: Airbus; Sponsors: COMSAT, Eutelsat, GOVSAT, Hughes, Intelsat General (IGC), Kratos, Laser Communications Coalition, Lockheed Martin, Newtec, Raytheon, SES GS, Thales, Viasat.
Confirmed Exhibitors include: Baader Planetarium GMBH, Comtech Telecommunications Corp., Datapath, Inster, Integrasys, SCISYS, XTAR, US Air Force.
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Master classes and online Communities.
SMi creates and delivers events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.