Rheinmetall Acquires Verseidag Ballistic Protection

12.01.2011 Acquisitions
Rheinmetall Acquires Verseidag Ballistic Protection

Rheinmetall Acquires Verseidag Ballistic Protection

Facebook icon
Twitter icon
LinkedIn icon
Google icon
e-mail icon

 

The Rheinmetall Group announced it is now the sole owner of Verseidag Ballistic Protection GmbH of Krefeld, Germany, a leading producer of advanced civilian and military protection equipment. Rheinmetall had already acquired a 51% stake in the company back in July 2010. Effective 31 December 2010, Rheinmetall has taken over the remaining 49% interest held by Jagenberg AG, thus giving the Düsseldorf-based defense group 100% control of the company.

With this takeover, Rheinmetall is now able to supply makers of military land vehicles as well as the civilian auto industry with a full range of protection technology. In the defense domain, the move broadens Rheinmetall’s expertise in the field of ballistic protection which, in addition to vehicle amour, now extends in particular to solutions for aircraft (especially helicopters) and ships. The buyout significantly strengthens Rheinmetall’s sales potential in this sector, giving the Group greater access to important protection technology markets throughout Europe.

Verseidag Ballistic Protection GmbH’s high-tech solutions provide the occupants of civilian and military vehicles with reliable protection from ballistic threats and bomb blasts – on land, in the air and on the water. The company develops, produces and markets solutions based on state-of-the-art ceramic and metallic materials as well as fiber composites made of high-tech textiles. In 2009, its 54 employees generated sales of around €21 million.

Latest Issue

Latest events

THE WORLD DEFENSE ALMANAC