Hansen Protection has developed a new survival suit which helps rescue personnel save precious time
Careful selection of very comfortable materials, close attention to flexibility in usage and the ability to produce to tailor-made specifications are all good reasons why Hansen Protection expect a lot from their new survival-suit, the “SeaAir Europe Pilot Suit”
The SeaAir Europe Pilot Suit is a totally new suit from Hansen Protection that completes their line-up of Aviation Suits. The Norwegian company has, until now, been lacking an alternative for helicopter crews, and the new suit means they now have a very competitive solution.
“The users’ daily lives will be improved because the construction, choice of materials and the ability to produce to tailor-made specifications opens up for a fit and ergonomics that are exceptional,” claims Product Manager Kunt Aasle.
“The typical users work in the cockpit and have different tasks that places high demands on the suit’s flexibility. The suit has an ideal fit, and the combination of lightweight and breath,” explains Åsle.
“Adjustable Neck Seal” is the name of the new neck closure used for the first time on a survival suit. This solution allows the user to vent through the neck seal when it is in standby mode.
The main features of “SeaAir Europe Pilot Suit” include:
- Ergonomic design, with soft, light material that provide 100% freedom of movement
- GoreTex Nomex III – flame retardant and breathable fabric
- Removable inner lining in aramid fiber with temperature control
- Pocket on calves for hood and pockets on the sleeves with room for gloves
- Removable thigh pockets for notebook / map / iPad Mini and personal belongings
- Cargo pockets and pen pocket on the sleeve
- Front pocket on the chest next to the main zipper
- Three different neck options, including a new adjustable seal for increased comfort
- Internal braces
- Available in sizes from XS to XXXL, with possibilities for personalization
- Can be supplied with the newly developed lifejacket SeaLion Europe Pilot with Emergency Breathing System