The Cohen Group, a global business advisory firm, announced that it will launch a Saudi Arabia office. Located in Riyadh, this new office will serve as the hub for the firm's operations in the region.
“Our decision to open a permanent Middle East office in Riyadh signifies our continued commitment to providing the highest level of support to our clients across all sectors,” said Bill Cohen (photo), Cohen Group’s Chairman and CEO, former U.S. Senator and Secretary of Defense Bill Cohen.
The office will be led by Allison Nour, a Senior Director at the firm. An Arabist with deep experience living and working in the region, she has played an integral role in helping The Cohen Group’s clients navigate and develop their business in the region since she joined the firm in 2015. Ms. Nour previously worked at the Council on Foreign Relations, the National Democratic Institute, the U.S. Senate and in Egypt in academia.
The work of the Middle East Regional Office will continue to draw on senior leaders in The Cohen Group with deep experience in the Middle East and around the world. In addition to Secretary Cohen, these include:
- General Joseph Ralston, former NATO Supreme Allied Commander and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Ambassador Marc Grossman, former US Ambassador to Turkey, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, and former US Special Representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Ambassador Nicholas Burns, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs and US Ambassador to NATO and Greece
- General Paul Kern, former Commander of the Army Materiel Command and the Senior Adviser for Army Research, Development and Acquisition
- Lord George Robertson, former NATO Secretary General and Defense Minister of the United Kingdom
Formed in 2001, The Cohen Group is comprised of more than 60 professionals with many decades of combined experience working in top-level positions in Congress, the White House, the State Department, the Defense Department, the Department of Homeland Security, the intelligence community, other federal agencies, and in European and Asian governments, international organizations and the private sector.
With offices in Washington, London, Beijing, Tianjin, New Delhi, and Brisbane, The Cohen Group provides its clients the insights and intelligence needed to better understand and shape the business, political, legal, regulatory, and media environments in which they operate. This includes both developing strategic business plans to help clients achieve their objectives, and actively participating with clients in the execution of those plans.
The Cohen Group practice groups include Aerospace & Defense; Homeland Security; Middle East; China; India; Telecommunications and Information Technology; Energy & Resources; Transportation & Logistics; Health Care & Life Sciences; Financial Services & Investment; and Real Estate, serving clients in North America, East Asia, South Asia, Europe, Russia, Australia, Africa and Latin America.
The Cohen Group also has a strong strategic partnership with DLA Piper, an international law firm with over 4,200 lawyers and 71 offices in 30 countries throughout the world.