Keynote speakers from organizations such as NATO, Dubai Municipality, and the Royal Jordanian Geographic Centre have confirmed their participation in the 4th annual Geospatial Intelligence Middle East
(www.geospatialdefence.com) conference, due to take place on 15-18 May 2011 at the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Hotel in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Hosted by Defense IQ (http://www.defenceiq.com), the event will gather experts tasked with improving protection abilities through the use of geographic information systems. The conference will offer presentations by more than 25 international speakers, discussing how geospatial intelligence can protect countries against internal or external threats as a result of deliberate attacks, natural disasters, criminal acts, or military operations.
Speakers addressing future strategy for development at the conference will include:
- Abdul Karim Al Raeisi, Executive Director, Abu Dhabi Systems & Information Centre (ADSIC), UAE
- Lieutenant Colonel Ali Mohammed Alshehhi, Manager of Falcon Ground Station, United Arab Emirates Space Reconnaissance Centre
- Colonel John Kedar, Chief of Staff, Headquarters Engineer in Chief (Army), UK MoD
- Karen Steinmaus, Head of Satellite Imagery, International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Michael W. Powers, Technical Director, Geospatial Research & Engineering, US Army