Staff Brigadier-General Rashid Mohammed Al Shamsi, Official Spokesperson of IDEX 2017, announced 20 new deals worth over AED 3.4 billion ($930 million) at a press conference on day four of the 13th edition of the International Defence Exhibition and Conference, IDEX 2017.
The national companies were awarded 13 deals, while the remaining 7 deals went to international companies. The press conference, held at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, was attended by Naval Staff Colonel Fahed Nasser Al Thehli, Official Spokesperson of the fourth edition of the Naval Defence Exhibition, NAVDEX 2017.
Staff Brigadier-General Rashid Mohammed Al Shamsi announced the following contracts signed by the UAE Armed Forces:
- A contract worth AED 46. 9 million was won by International Golden Group, IGG, to develop infrastructure for IT projects. A contract worth over AED 6.8 million was awarded to the Swiss company, Rheinmentall Air Defence, to offer the UAE Air Force with technical support. While a contract worth AED 27 million was won by UAE based company E-Marine to extend naval cables.
- A contract valued at over AED 409.2 million was won by Caracal International to purchase weaponry. Condor Medical Waste Treatment Company a UAE-based company was awarded a contract worth about AED 2.4 million to provide technical and medical support for the transport and processing of medical waste.
- Ahmed Al Mazrouei Metal Industries was awarded AED20 million contract to produce and install storage for weapons and maintenance of moving targets at shooting ranges and equipment. Meanwhile, the UAE based company, Al Futtaim Motors also won a contract valued at AED20 million to provide technical support.
- The UAE based company, Royal Jet was awarded a contract worth AED60 million to provide private air transport for VIPs.
- Emirates Motor Company for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of Mercedes-Benz vehicles won a contract valued at AED30 million.
- The UAE based Burkan Munitions Systems won a contract valued at over AED 36. 3 million to purchase ammunitions for the UAE Air Force and UAE Air Defence Force The UAE based company Emirates Defence Technology, EDT, was awarded a contract valued at over AED59.1 million to buy and ammunitions for land forces. Meanwhile, the UAE based company TRUST won a contract worth AED 300 million to supply and buy machinery.
- The UAE based Star Satellite Communications Company was awarded a contract valued at about AED745.2 million, to buy satellite communications terminals.
- The UAE based company, Abu Dhabi Autonomous Systems Investments Company, ADASI, won a contract valued at AED 140.3 million to supply thermal imaging cameras and ground control stations.
- The French company Thales Communications & Security won a contract worth about AED 26.7 million to provide spare parts for telecommunication systems.
- Meanwhile, French company Dassault Aviation was awarded worth AED51million to provide technical support for aircrafts of the UAE Air Force and UAE Air Defence Force. The French company Thales Communications & Security won a contract valued at about AED 38.6 million to purchase and install air communication system stations.
- The Italian company AgustaWestland Aviation Services, was awarded a contract worth over AED 8.9 million to modernize the interior cabin of VIPs’ aircrafts. The American company Raytheon won a contract valued at about AED1.3 billion to buy ammunitions for the UAE Air Force and UAE Air Defence Force.
- The UAE based company Star Satellite Communications Company was awarded a contract valued at about AED745.2 million, to buy satellite communications terminals.
- The American company Satellite Imaging Technologies Gmbh was awarded a contract valued at AED 96.9 million to rent imaging satellites.
Over the past four days, during IDEX and NAVDEX 2017, the UAE Armed Forces penned a cumulative of 82 deals worth more than AED 18.833 billion ($5.16 billion). The past three days were split as follows: Day one witnessed 21 deals worth more than AED 4.416 billion; Day two witnessed 10 new deals worth more than AED 6.919 billion; Day three witnessed 31 new deals worth more than AED 4.075 billion.
IDEX and NAVDEX are simultaneously taking place from 19 to 23 February and will conclude in Abu Dhabi, UAE today.