MCI announced the Cyber Security Qatar Conference will take place in Doha on 14-15 December 2016.
Themed as, Bridging the Gap between Innovation and Security, the conference will take an insight into the current scenario in Qatar with an overall focus on the Middle East.
The conference will bring regional and international case studies on cyber security and impact on making the economy and market a safer place.
With immense developments taking place in Qatar, the government and businesses need to ensure that they are ready to take on cyber-attacks with the right approach and skillsets.
Key Topics to be discussed at the Cyber Security Qatar Conference include:
- The need for better collaboration with local stakeholders
- Policies and Governance around Cyber Security
- Critical Infrastructure Attacks and Effective Cyber Threat Mitigation Strategies
- Cloud Security and Intelligent Management of Threats
- Creating New Generation of Cyber Defenders
- Cyber Security in Healthcare Environment and Clinical Information Systems (CIS)
Key Speakers at the conference include:
- Dr. Marc Dacier, Research Director, Qatar Computing Research Institute
- Eng. Ibrahim Ahmed Hamdy, Data Center Infrastructure Expert, IT Department, Ministry of Justice, Qatar
- Dr. David yin Tang, Assistant Professor Division of Information and Communication Technologies, Hamad Bin Khalifa University
- Omer Sherin, Cyber Security Director Ernst & Young
- Rafal Rohozinski, Chief Executive Officer, The SecDev Foundation & Consulting Senior Fellow, International Institute for Strategic Studies
- Bashar Al-Khatib, Head of Security Operations, Supreme committee for Delivery & Legacy
- Russel Gann, Chief information Officer, Vinnell Arabia (Ministry of the National Guard)
- Edward Ganom, Chief information Security Officer, The commercial Bank of Qatar
- Dr. Ali Al Sanousi, Executive Chief Medical Information Officer, Hamad Medical Corporation
- Eng. Muhammad Mudassar, Assistant Director Presales and Solutions, Ooredoo Qatar