The India Homeland Security Expo is scheduled to take place on 19-20 July in New Delhi.
On February 1, 2019, the Government of India, presented in Parliament, allocated Rs 431,011 crore (US$ 60.9 billion) to the Ministry of Defense (MoD).
Of the MoD’s total budget, Rs 301,866 crore ($42.7 billion) will be allocating for improving border infrastructure, Army, Naval & Air Force modernization.
The country is buying heavily for upgrading defense forces like buying Modern Weapons, Ammunition, Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Communication, Missile Systems, Warning and Radar Systems etc.
According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), India remains the largest arms importer inAsia and Oceaniaregionhaving spent more than $100 billion in last 10 years.
The Indian Government has developed two large defense Industrial corridors in its two states Uttar Pradesh & Tamil Nadu. The purpose of the corridor is to encourage Micro Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSME) to work closely with PSUs for defense indigenization.
FDI up to 100 per cent is permitted in the Defense sector.
The Indian Ministry of Home Affairs gets Rs 1.03 Lakh Crore (Approximately 14.5 billion US$) which is 4.9 per cent more than last year for Modernization of Police, Central Armed Paramilitary Forces & Special Forces and critical infrastructure.
The India Homeland Security Expo is open to international forces, including top-ranking officers from the Army, Navy, Air force, Police, Para Military and Civil Defense Forces of various Asian Countries.
According to the organizers, invitations will also be sent to Chiefs of Customs, Prisons, Coast Guards, the Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Home & Foreign Affairs and other government and private security associations, chambers, embassies and other organizations.
The composition of the visitors will be as follows:
- Official Visitors (Senior Officers) from India and other countries
- Commanding officers, Generals, Jail Chiefs and other senior personnel from the armed forces of India and other countries
- Police Chiefs
- Forensic Labs
- Disaster Management Authorities
- Civil Defense Officers, Secretaries, Superintendents
- Indian Government Authorities and officials
- Military, defense and police attachés
- Defense and security industry executives
- Civilian and military police personnel
- Executives of utilities and government agencies & many more
- Municipal Authorities
- Investigation & Protection Agencies
- Fire Chiefs & Safety Manager
- Safety & Security Consultants & Manager
- Systems & Safety Products Manufacturers / Suppliers / Installers & many more
- Import & Export Agencies
- Architects & Building Developers
- Banking/Finance/Insurance Institutions
- Oil & Gas Companies
- Hotel, Real Estate & Retail Management