This comes in line with implementing the government’s framework, to strengthen cooperation and coordination between agencies, institutions and government owned companies.
The signing of the MoU took place at the UAE University premises, and was attended by Engineer Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouei, chief executive officer of Abu Dhabi Airports, and Dr Ali Rashid Al Nuaimi, vice chancellor of the UAEU.
According to the MoU, the two parties will work together through collaboration with the employment centre and alumni affairs at the UAEU to provide: suitable training opportunities for students, various employment opportunities for graduates, and substantial scholarships for students, as well as to support joint research aimed at encouraging the development of technology projects.
Collaboration will be conducted within the following areas and activities:
- Students’ studies and research and applied common research.
- Scientific and professional consulting.
- Organizing scientific conferences, workshops and specialized seminars that focus on the discussion and review of the latest scientific developments in areas of interest.
- Identifying new opportunities for other types of cooperation that may arise.
- Exchanging training and guidance for the staff from both parties within the framework of the laws and regulations of each party; and
- Any other objectives agreed by the parties.
Al Mazrouei said: “We are keen to sign this MoU with UAEU. The encouragement of graduates and attracting them to our industry is one of our top priorities, and as we aim at Abu Dhabi Airports to be the world's leading airports group, we are keen to draw the attention of young people to this thriving and rapidly growing industry, where we offer ongoing trainings and job opportunities for next generation of aviation professionals. I’m confident that this MoU will encourage and inspire the local talents to pursue future careers in the aviation industry.”
Dr. Al Nuaimi said: “The UAEU is strongly committed to contributing to the growth of various sectors in the UAE, through developing highly skilled graduates who are able to take responsibility and leadership of the future. The University is keen to provide educational services with top class international standards, in addition to producing research solutions in strategic areas, with an effective partnership with key stakeholders, to enhance knowledge.”