Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corp., was awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract modification by the US Air Force for its newest FastJet reconnaissance pod, the MS-110 Multispectral Airborne Reconnaissance system.
The newer MS-110 is a step-change advancement in Airborne Reconnaissance capability and provides capabilities that are unmatched by targeting pods or sensors internally fitted inside the aircraft body. These capabilities include:
- Highest resolution imagery achievable at long/stand-off range for peacetime cross-broader surveillance or high-threat wartime scenarios
- Advanced multispectral imagery (color and false-color composites) to detect targets with a higher degree of confidence or through poor weather/atmospheric conditions
- Wide-area coverage in high resolution
- Flexible planning/re-tasking for real-time changes in dynamic operational situations by aircrew
- SCi-Toolset, a suite of software to help End Users extract critical intelligence from the MS-110’s imagery
“The combination of spatial and spectral resolution modalities provides customers with an exponential increase in intelligence gathering capabilities against challenging targets,” said Kevin Raftery, Vice President and General Manager, ISR and Space Solutions for Collins Aerospace.
Collins Aerospace Systems, a unit of Raytheon Technologies Corp., is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the extensive capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and broad expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. With 195,000 employees and four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense - the company delivers solutions that push the boundaries in avionics, cybersecurity, directed energy, electric propulsion, hypersonics, and quantum physics.
The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts, USA.